Montessori at its best! The Albrook School, located in Basking Ridge, New Jersey, educating students from toddler through sixth grade. As a private non-profit Montessori school, it is fully accredited by the American Montessori Society and Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools and is staffed by certified Montessori teachers.
The Montessori philosophy of teaching the whole child has instilled a love of learning for over 40 years in a caring, peaceful environment at The Albrook School. The focus is to develop the whole child intellectually, socially, emotionally and physically. Each classroom is a multi-age community of learners who problem-solve both individually and collaboratively and discover concepts with Montessori materials and research. The teacher facilitates and directs each child as the children explore and experience concrete materials and truly absorb concepts across the curriculum. The children learn at their own pace as the teacher guides them with individual, small and large group lessons. Each child is challenged to be innovative, globally aware and technologically capable. This individualized approach to education develops respect, responsibility and independence.
The Albrook School, guided by Montessori philosophy, cultivates the joy of learning in a caring, peaceful environment.
- We partner with parents to empower each child to be independent, responsible, respectful, confident and intellectually curious.
- Our focus is to develop the whole child intellectually, socially, emotionally and physically.
- We value independent thinking, creative problem solving and collaboration.
- We challenge each child to be innovative, globally aware and technologically capable.
- We support and inspire our teachers to continually evolve professionally.
The Albrook School is dedicated to cultivating a learning environment where each student is…
- Academically engaged
- Full of integrity
- Independent thinkers
- Future respectful global citizens who work collaboratively and love to learn
Our facility features fully equipped Montessori classrooms, two heated in-ground pools and extensive playgrounds nestled on 6.5 acres. We offer Expanded Care for the Albrook parents who enroll their child in a multi-age Montessori program for a longer school day. In addition, the Stepping Stones Plus program offers extended hours for the toddler-aged child when school is open. An eight week summer camp is offered with an option of one week or all eight weeks.
Upon graduation, Albrook’s students go on to many of the finest private and public schools.